I’ve had the privilege of working with Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 5000 community for many years and have met some of the most impressive entrepreneurs I’ve ever known during that time, including the father-of-all Inc. 5000 honorees, Norm Brodsky. Norm has had 3 companies on the Inc. 500 (he always reminds me that it was the smaller, more exclusive list of 500 companies back then ; ) and today is the “Master of Ceremonies” of the Inc. 5000 event every year.
Companies that have gone on to fame and fortune from this list is impressive (ever hear of Microsoft? Oracle? Domino’s Pizza?…and it goes on) but the Inc. 5000 also helped to launch a whole raft of other incredibly impressive small business awards lists that can help you accomplish a lot of important business goals, including:
- Free, high profile publicity
- A great way to attract talented people to be excited about working for you
- A cool way to get on the radar of new potential clients
- A nice announcement to send to your existing clients, validating their choice to work with you to begin with
- Introductions to banks to work with that love a good story they can tell their underwriters
- Introductions to potential buyers who are looking for growing companies
- Introductions to other entrepreneurs
Recognition for the work entrepreneurs do in building companies and workplace cultures is important. I’m compiling a list of business awards for you to know about. Enjoy!
- Entrepreneur 360 – The Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America. Apply here.
- EY (Ernst and Young) Entrepreneur of the Year program. Apply or nominate someone here.
- Inc. 5000 – be recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in America. Apply here.
Do you have a favorite business award or recognition list that you’d like to share with other business owners? List them below.